The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Scanning email from local domains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by srhoffman, Jul 23, 2007.

1. srhoffman

srhoffman Member

Since we've updated to the latest version of cpanel we've noticed that forged domains are not getting scanned by exim. Essentially if the message was sent to domain.com and the from address was forged from spammer@domain.com the messages aren't getting scanned for spam...resulting in a TON of spam. How can I fix this? My version information is: WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.6.0-R15076

Thanks,
    Steve

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Be sure that somebody hasn't set up a whitelist in SpamAssassin for that domain that includes email addresses from that actual domain. Might want to check in /home/username/.spamassassin/user_prefs and /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf to make sure that a whitelist entry isn't in one of those files for *@yourdomain.com.

For instance, if my domain was abc123.com and I set up a whitelist entry in SpamAssassin to whitelist *@abc123.com, then any mail coming from @abc123.com wouldn't be scanned by spamassassin but all other mail would be scanned by spamassassin.

Mike