The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kdmp, Jan 12, 2009.

1. kdmp

kdmp Registered

I am a VPS virgin....I believe I have set up everything correctly based on how-to's and such that I have seen on the web, but when I visit my domain I keep receiving the default cpanel page..you know the one...it's been set up if you are seeing this.

The FAQ says it is something to do with the VirtualHost and the settings on the server. I am lost on this and ask that somebody who has set up a VPS provide me with the path in the right direction to resolving this!!

I have created the name servers - ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com. I have two IP addresses - xxx.xxx.xxx.73 & xxx.xxx.xxx.74. 73 is assigned to ns1 and 74 is assigned to ns2.

My hostname is canary.myhost.com. The only website is my own website myhost.com. I have two DNS Zones set up and this is where I get confused and I am certain I have made an error.

There was a default IP address that was entered into the DNS Zone. I have replaced this with my xxx.xxx.xxx.73 IP address. I did this after running a DNS test and seen an error. It was resolved by replacing the IP address.

After all of this I am still receiving the cPanel page instead of my home page and I have run out of ideas.

Thanks!