The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nothing is loading! not even SSH

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hellomotow, Nov 19, 2011.

1. hellomotow

hellomotow Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok so last night something happened on my server. I woke up and found the mysql server was offline.

I then tried to gracefully reboot the server and then nothing came back up.

I can't even connect through SSH. The only thing I can do is ping the server.

The only thing I changed yesterday was the backup directory to /var/backup/cpbackup

Could that be the problem? Also the disk drive was 100% full this morning when I woke up however I have gotten access over kvm and deleted some of the backups and it's still not coming online.

Any ideas? Really need help :(

Thanks

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

As the server is responding to PING, it does not seems to be a firewall issue too. Still are you able to access the domains hosted in the server using Proxy sites?

3. hellomotow

hellomotow Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No proxy sites are not working either, It's not my connection because I am also trying from my other dedicated servers and having the same problem.

4. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Okay. Did you open a ticket to DC?

5. nightman

nightman Member

I guess your server is crashed due to the harddrive full issue. You may contact your Datacenter to process a reboot. then the techs can run the FCSK on your hard drive, if necessary. It could solve your issue.

6. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If the server were crashed and down, the server would not be pingable, which appears to be the case. The most likely reason would be a firewall that is blocking all incoming connections that needs to be taken offline. Otherwise, it is possible the machine itself has several services down while the server itself is up.

While it could be disk corruption, again the server cannot be crashed as the definition of a crashed machine is one that is down and cannot be reached even by pinging it. In almost all instances where I've been able to ping a machine but unable to reach it, it was due to the firewall blocking connections.

The only one who can assist would be the datacenter, NOC or provider who has physical access to the machine to ensure any firewall running is taken offline and checks the machine for whether you can reach it then. If that isn't the issue, they should be familiar with typical reasons for a machine to be unreachable and could assist further.

7. hellomotow

hellomotow Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry I didn't post back.

I have no idea what caused it but a few hours after posting this it just started working again.

I personally think it was due to the disk being full but wouldn't it of started working as soon as I deleted some of the files? Which it didn't

Also I have never made any chances to the firewall