Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Notification for number of emails sent?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Azim, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Azim

Azim Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Dear Support,

I am using latest WHM/Cpanel for sending the email and have configured below in the exim configuration.

Basically, I have only a limit of sending 2000 emails per day and couple of time there are some users who sent lot of emails unintentionally or sometime because of application issues we sent lot of emails.

Because of this, our email limit exhausted and we could not send more emails for that day.

Hence, I need a suggestion from you that is there a way that I can get the notification if any user has sent 100 emails in a particular day or time so that I can trace that user and catch the problem on time. Please guide. Thank you so much.

#smarthost_dkim:
    # driver = manualroute
    # domains = !"+local_domains +smart_hosts"
    # condition = "${if eq{${lookup{$sender_address_domain}partial-lsearch{/etc/staticroutes}{$value}}}{}{false}{true}}"
    # ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 : 16.254.84.641/32
    # headers_add = "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}"
    # require_files = "+/var/cpanel/domain_keys/private/${sender_address_domain}"
    # transport = remote_smtp_smart_dkim
    # route_list = !+local_domains "${lookup{$sender_address_domain}partial-lsearch{/etc/staticroutes}}"

#smarthost_regular:
    # driver = manualroute
    # domains = !"+local_domains +smart_hosts"
    # condition = "${if eq{${lookup{$sender_address_domain}partial-lsearch{/etc/staticroutes}{$value}}}{}{false}{true}}"
    # ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 : 16.254.84.641/32
    # headers_add = "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}"
    # transport = remote_smtp_smart_regular
    # route_list = !+local_domains "${lookup{$sender_address_domain}partial-lsearch{/etc/staticroutes}}"

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Azim

There are already notifications like this in WHM>>Server Contacts>>Contact Manager:

Maximum Hourly Emails Exceeded
    Outgoing Email Threshold Exceeded
    Large Amount of Outbound Email Detected

You can create thresholds and set limits for mail at WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...