The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notification when email sending limits is reached

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ricardo de la Garza, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ricardo de la Garza

Ricardo de la Garza Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Everyone,

I need a little help here please, is that I have a server with WHM 62.0 that hosts several accounts and I would like to implement somethign that an account can automaticly be suspended when reaches the limit of sending mails or maybe not be suspend but only to send a notification to the the server admin regarding that an the account has exceeded the limits established.

We have cloudlinux and would be something like the notifications that are sent but instead the resources would be about the mail usage.

I have followed and implemented the documentation
    at How to Prevent Email Abuse - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

I created this thread because I had a customer that was sending ads from his account to random emails, he exceeded the "Max hourly emails per domain" (emails taken from a directory so the email accounts were valid) so he couldnt send mails for an hour but after the hour he started to send again, he was doing this like for a week, but I didnt know until he asked us why he had this problem, so I had to explain to him on the phone and solved this.

Also I have ConfigServer Security & Firewall (csf) but the customer sent directly form outlook and not with php scripts,

but my point is that I would like to be the first to know this to avoid that other customers to be affetced by this behaivior because if this customer would not had told me I would never knew so a notification to admin just like cloudlinux would be great so we can prevent fast before anything bad happen like be blacklisted or something like that that affects other customers.

Let me know if additional information is needed,

Thank you for your time and help,
    Regards,

2. cPanelJasonT

cPanelJasonT Level 2 Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    This functionality isn't part of cPanel at this time. It has been proposed as a feature request here:
    Add admin notification when max hourly email limit is exceeded

Feature requests are a very important aspect of cPanel's product growth. Now, to help us gather community input for future product enhancements, the cPanel Team has created a Feature Request section on the forums.

Previous forum requests were part of our internal tracking system, and it was often difficult to determine how strong popular demand was for certain features, and to engage ongoing discussions with a large group of people at one time.

With the new Feature Request Forum, you can read and comment on what other people are suggesting, add requests for features, and subscribe to topics via email, so you can stay informed as conversations and updates are made available.

3. Ricardo de la Garza

Ricardo de la Garza Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Hi Jason,
    Thank you for the response,
    I´ll submit the request,
    Regards.