The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notify Admin (or reseller) about bandwidth via e-mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Jesse J, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Jesse J

Jesse J Registered

So I must be missing somewhere... under:
    Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings

In the Notifications section there is...
    Notify the admin, (or the reseller), when an account has reached the "critical" Disk Usage state.

So where is the one like that for Bandwidth? Just below that there is all the ones about notifying the users.. but how is the Admin and the Resellers supposed to get notified about bandwidth exceeders?

We don't have bandwidth set to suspend accounts as most of our resellers are working directly with the clients.. but it would be nice if they could get these notifications so they could get the accounts upgraded.

Am I just missing this here?

2. Jesse J

Jesse J Registered

No one uses this? I must just be missing something??

3. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

WHM > Tweak Settings
    Mail Section
    Second check box down: Email users when they have reached 80% of their bandwidth
    This gets sent to both the user and the admin.

4. fenixer

fenixer Well-Known Member

Hi...... imagine this scenario...

I am root, and I really dont care if a user gets exceeded its quota of disk ussage..... I mean:

- I want client or user to get notified at 80%, 90% and 100%.... he is the one interested.
    - I want root or admin to do not receive nothing at all...... why I should???????

"Notify the admin, (or the reseller), when an account has reached the "critical" Disk Usage state."

Is there a possibility to the user to get notified but not root or current reseller?

I guess, if I check "true" to "Disk Space Usage Warnings", but disabled "Notify the admin, (or the reseller), when an account has reached the "critical" Disk Usage state.".............
    does this mean the admin or reseller is not notified as the current user will be notified through email?

Someone tested?

5. fenixer

fenixer Well-Known Member

anyone tested....... I did configure that way, and again I receive an email for "root", notificating disk usage "warm", as well as my client has received in his own contact email.

what the hell............... how can I do for WHM only notifying the contact email address of the current user, and not me (root)..?