The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notify me when password change request?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamint, May 31, 2006.

1. adamint

adamint Member

Hello guys.

Just a small request for the future.

I had a customer a who forgot their password for cPanel and FTP. Now for security we run BFD and APF to deny the IP addresses if they exceed the maximum login attempts.

What happened is the customer forgot there password, requested a new password. BFD then kicked in and denied the IP address. So theyve got there password but a few minutes after BFD has killed access from that IP so there thinking our services are down.

What I would like is for cPanel have the ability to email me when a password request has been made. I dont need the password or anything like this.

If I could get an email that said "blah blah has requested a new password from this IP"

So if I get an email like this and an email from BFD saying this IP has been blocked I can unblock the IP, customer gets there password and no questions need to be asked.

is there something that can facilitate this or a way I can go about getting this?

many thanks for your time
    Adam.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I leave this unchecked in Tweak Settings.

'Allow cPanel users to reset their password via email'

If they forget the pass they contact us to reset it. Failed login attempts reset after a period of time don't they?

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can easily set BFD to not block customers who are using POP to retreive their email.

You can do this via:
    Code:
    echo /usr/local/bfd/exclude.files >> /etc/relayhosts
    although I'm assuming here that bfd is installed in /usr/local/bfd.

I know this is only part of a solution; because the customer may not actually have a working POP account, but it will help the situation a lot.