Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

NS Not Working for Unknown Reason

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Andrew Powers, Mar 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Powers

Andrew Powers Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

I have tried a few different things to get my nameservers working, with no success.

The domain is [removed] - Hosted at Godaddy. Nameservers are set there and are working on the main domain.

The second domain I am trying to add - [removed] - is not "propagating" to Google. I have flushed the DNS cache on Google's public DNS multiple times, and it is still not picking it up.

It also appears Google is the only DNS that is not caching the DNS for some reason, and this is a big issue as a lot of people use Google's DNS.

I've rebooted the server, and triple checked that the nameservers are set correctly everywhere.

I find this very strange as the main domain is working with no issues, but the second will not resolve the nameservers ONLY on Google's DNS.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Additional Info: I have contacted both the domain resellers, and they have said that it is an issue with one another, then finally my fault.

#1 Andrew Powers, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Can you confirm how long it's been since you modified the name servers? Do any issues appear when checking the domain name on a website such as IntoDNS?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andrew Powers

Andrew Powers Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    No major issues relating to IntoDNS. (when checking the [removed] as that's the hosting URL)

What's strange, is [removed] shows the following...
    Which makes no sense to me as [removed] says it's good, and they're using the same nameservers.

The nameservers on [removed] have been set for about 48 hours now, and [removed] for a few months.

EDIT:

Just checked on dns.google.com and for some reason, it is finding the nameservers, but I still don't understand why Google isn't caching them...

[removed]

#3 Andrew Powers, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2018
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

It's possible the zone file itself is corrupted. First, backup the existing zone with the following command:

Code:
    cp -a /var/named/domain123.tld.db /root/domain123.tld.db
    Then, delete the zone using "WHM >> Delete a DNS Zone", and re-create it using "WHM >> Add a DNS Zone". If you were using custom DNS entries, manually add those back in using "WHM >> Edit DNS Zone" (you can use /root/domain123.tld.db for reference).

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Andrew Powers

Andrew Powers Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have completely deleted the account and re-added it, which deleted the zone file.

Sill, not working. It is very strange. Also, this is for a "customer" domain and not the main domain itself.

Using DNS Checker says all can resolve except Google (pretty much) when I check for NS records, and IntoDNS says that it could not find A records for the NS when checking domain2, but domain1 (primary) says it found them.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  7. Andrew Powers

Andrew Powers Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I will open a ticket as it is not completely resolved.

I am able to use ns3 and ns4, as any subdomain by default points to the main server IP (I only have one assigned).

ns1 and ns2 are not resolving to the IP even though there are DNS zones set.

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Feel free to post the ticket number here once it's opened and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thanks!