The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NS Problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOSSNetworks, Sep 2, 2004.

1. BOSSNetworks

BOSSNetworks Registered

Hey,

I've been a customer of SM for about 2 months now, but I hadn't really used the server much due to still having service with another provider.
    Now as Im using it, I am having problems with the nameservers > When I was at the CPanel setup, it kept determining my hostname as bossnetworks.servermatrix.com, and would not let me have it as anything else. (Can't it just be bossnetworks.net?)
    Then I was having troubles with setting up the nameservers, it was saying that the nameservers are already in use or some crap, so I made the default domain use ns1.sm... and ns2.sm... (server matrix ones). And then attempted to make the nameservers via ip, some how it started working after all these errors, and domains work when pointed to ns1.bossnetworks.net and ns2.bossnetworks.net .
    No sub domains seem to work, unless they are set to redirections.
    When i go to edit dns zones, bossnetworks.net isnt there but bossnetworks.servermatrix.com is and its set to the SM ns's
    all the domains in the dns zones, even though they are set to ns1.boss and ns2.boss in their domain cpanels, in the edit dns zones it says they are set to sm's ns too...
    Can someone help me fix all this from the beginning please? Its imperative I get it running properly.

Thanks Heaps In Advance.
    Adam.

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator