Root Administrator
Hi,

I changed my nameserver name to my domain name like this:

hostname: server.domain.com

regular website: domain.com

nameserver: ns1..domain.com

nameserver: ns2..domain.com

I get following error on intodns.com:

Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.domain.com
This is listed as an ERROR because there are some cases where nasty problems can occur (if the TTLs vary from the NS records at the root servers and the NS records point to your own domain, for example).

It doesn't seem like anything I do helps. I've tried everything but only ns2.domain.com gets added. ns1.domain.com shows up in Server Configuration »Basic WebHost Manager® Setup under Nameservers

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Joef

Jan 15, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes, at intodns.com everything is green except it's missing ns1.domain.com. When I change the domain at the Domain Name Registrar, at intodns.com those changes happen fast.

The Nameserver records returned by the parent servers match exactly what I have in Nameservers in WHM. I've restated the DNS server, just everything I can think of.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Joef

Do you have NS records for the nameservers? You'd need to look at the zone file for the root domain and the NS zone files if it exists.

For example one of my test accounts:

Code:
# grep NS /var/named/lauren.tld.db
lauren.tld.    86400    IN    NS    ns1.lauren.tld.
lauren.tld.    86400    IN    NS    ns2.lauren.tld.
Thanks!

Joef

Jan 15, 2017
usa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi @Joef

Do you have NS records for the nameservers? You'd need to look at the zone file for the root domain and the NS zone files if it exists.

For example one of my test accounts:

Code:
# grep NS /var/named/lauren.tld.db
lauren.tld.    86400    IN    NS    ns1.lauren.tld.
lauren.tld.    86400    IN    NS    ns2.lauren.tld.
Thanks!
I search everywhere trying to find where this file was. But no ns1 wasn't in there. I added them just now and everything is fixed, all green!

Thank you

btw I did try mxtoolbox.com too, it was showing the same thing.