The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ns2 IP Address problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rameshkumar6_av, Jun 12, 2010.

1. rameshkumar6_av

rameshkumar6_av Registered

Hi,

I have WHM and cPanel installed on my VPS(openvz). I am going through the "Basic cPanel/WHM Setup" tab and have set ns1 and ns2 of a new domain that is set up with my registrar to point to the IP of my machine. The domain registration and configuration appears to be correctly configured with my registrar to be a nameserver.

When I ping to ns1 it pings to the IP Address of NS1 but When I ping to ns2 I get the below error.

Code:
    From static.86.75.46.78.clients.your-server.de (78.46.75.86) icmp_seq=1 Time to live exceeded

when I click the "Assisn IP Address" button for each nameserver, the system never loads. A new window pops up to assign the IP, but the loading bar just continues to load and never resolves anything. Any ideas what might be a solution to this?

I have assigned IP Address in as
    Code:
    vim /etc/ipaddrpool
    ipaddress=ns1
    ipaddress=ns2

What is the problem?

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Looking at the ping report, it looks like the second IP address is not added on your server and/or not correctly routed to your server (DC can check this).

You need to add the IP from

and then configure the name servers from "Basic cPanel/WHM Setup" tab. BTW, the Networking Setup >> "Nameserver IPs" has never worked well for me so I prefer to edit the file manually and enter the contents. The file is