The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NS4 and NS5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dimopoulos, Jun 3, 2005.

1. dimopoulos

dimopoulos Registered

Hi all,

I searched the forum but couldn't find what I wanted so I might as well ask.

Under the setup of WHM you can enter 3 nameservers (NS1-NS3) and so far in my setup they work fine (all accounts are created with them). There is also an option for ns4 (only that) but it doesn't have any of the buttons to create a new A record or assign IP to it. If you populate the field with something a new ns4 field appears at the bottom of the Edit Setup field.

My questions are:
    1. Is there a way to configure cPanel to add NS4 and NS5 to all newly created accounts
    2. Is there a script that will parse all the dns zones and add ns3 with the relevant domain to them? I used to have only two dns servers and now I added ns3-ns5 so I want to setup more redundancy.
    3. Equally is there a script that can parse all the dns zones (in /etc/named I believe) and reduce the expiry of a zone from 3600000 to something smaller)

PS: I posted this here since it has to do mainly with scripts.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/tips.