The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSD as Master for VPS host on cPanel server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, May 19, 2013.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/nsd-conf-zone-templates-148961.html

This old thread is the only one that addresses my issue. Has anyone come up with a solution? As the OP said, the transfer syntax can be added, but the nsd.conf file clearly states that it is generated by the system and will be overwritten with each change. Using NSD in a Master/Slave setup with my VPS host (Linode) is the perfect solution for a low resource situation. They have a tutorial for BIND but not NSD.

Thanks for any help.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I did find some additional documentation at:

NSD Release Notes

However, I do not see a way to achieve what you are after without developing a custom script to automatically append the /etc/nsd.conf file every time it's rebuilt. You may want to consult with Linode directly to see if they are able to offer a custom solution.

Thank you.

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Thanks Michael, that's helpful. I've given up on using NSD for now but may look into a way to automatically add the transfer information back into the conf with rebuild. My guess is that it's just not worth the effort.