The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

odbc_connect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChildOTK, Jul 24, 2012.

1. ChildOTK

ChildOTK Member

Good Day,

I have just moved servers from a 3rd party web hosting company to an in house server. The new server is setup and is working great. I would like to move an application from a windows based server which connects to another MSSQL server, to this new server which is running CentOS 6.3 with cPanel.

I have setup the domain and copied the application files, but am now getting the following:

PHP:
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function odbc_connect() in ... on line 26
    What can I do to get the odbc functions installed on this linux machine? I would love to use it instead of a windows based machine.

Thank you!

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ChildOTK

ChildOTK Member

Will this give me the odbc_* functions? I would hate to have to rewrite my application. Else I might just keep it on the windows server.

Thanks!

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It will give you the ability to connect to an MSSQL server, which is what won't work right now for the application. I don't know if you might have to make some revisions to it. I honestly wouldn't suggest moving an MSSQL-based application to a Linux machine.

5. ChildOTK

ChildOTK Member

Okay...we have no choice but to stick with a MSSQL server for this application because it is a custom portal we created for our students. This system interacts with our main application the whole school runs off of, so no changing that part...I guess i'll need to keep it on the microsoft iis server...as much as I don't want to...