The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd error after moving an account

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by santrix, Mar 29, 2010.

1. santrix

santrix Well-Known Member

I had to move a couple of accounts the other day from /home2 to /home - long story... anyway, I just went in and dit a partial backup of the homefir and forwarders etc, and then deleted the account, before recreating it on /home and restoring the data (Cpanel won't let you move between directories on the same partition).

A day later I got a call from the customer saying no email were being received. I noticed for both accounts I moved, that we were getting messages like this in /var/log/exim_mainlog

Code:
    2010-03-29 12:09:51 H=host81-149-254-226.in-addr.btopenworld.com (blah.blah.co.uk) [81.149.254.xxx] F=<homer@blah.blah.co.uk> temporarily rejected RCPT <wilma@mydomain.co.uk>: require_files: error for /home/mydom1/etc/mydomain.co.uk: Permission denied

In the end I tried creating an extra mailbox in the account.. and sending to it, then it worked fine.. and so did the other mailboxes...

Can anyone suggest the connection here?

2. jeastman

jeastman Registered
    PartnerNOC

I just fixed a similar problem. The issue went back all the way to /home/$user. All the other permissions were correct but somehow /home/$user was set to 750 permissions.