Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd issues with site speed

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by squadx, Mar 3, 2017.

1. squadx

squadx Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Not sure what is going on, unless there is something outside of my server causing it.

But what is happening is certain IPs / locations I try to connect to one specific site on my server load completely different. One dirt slow, the other blazing.

Server info briefly:
    8 cores - 16gb ram - 1G port - Google DNS 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4

Site (using wordpress, literally never more than 3 or 4 ppl online at a time) anyway...

When I try to connect from home (100mbps service - whether chrome will all plugins disabled or firefox). It will take 15-25 seconds to load. Generally sits at "waiting for mywebsite.com"... by my cell phone - verizon loads fine. Try to visit it with a Miami located proxy it's dirt slow, but switch to a Dallas located proxy it loads right away.

Same with speedtest from pingdom...the New York based test was 18seconds, I switched it to Austin TX and it loaded fully in less in 6secs...

There were no errors on intodns testing. The usual "this is ok but confusing" type warning.

What am I missing here? Unless Google DNS is having issues..

///
    edit: even though I don't believe whatsoever it's a "server load issue". The ram never really surpasses 2 to 2.5gb of the 16 available. And the load averages generally are below .10 according to WHM. Maybe spike to .25 / .30 for a brief second then drop back down.

#1 squadx, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    When you used Pingdom, scroll down to the waterfall and sort it by Load Time.

Which resource is taking the longest?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may also want to check with your data center to have them verify there are no network issues resulting in speed differences from other networks.

Thank you.