Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Odd mail server problems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by junglecat, Mar 31, 2010.

1. junglecat

junglecat Well-Known Member

I tried searching the forums for similar problems and couldn't find anything helpful.

I have:

cPanel 11.25.0-S43473 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 4.8 i686 standard on server

I have an email address from one of the domains on the server configured in Outlook Express.

Very suddenly today I became unable to download email because my password started getting rejected.

Here is a screenie of the error:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/ladycat_2006/Stuff/oe-error.gif

I opened telnet from my computer and did this:

telnet mydomain.com 25

And got this:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/ladycat_2006/Stuff/telnet.gif

The ip there is not the ip for my server (nor is it my isp ip)

I tried deleting the email account from the server and recreating it. No change.

I was/am able to log in to the email webmail account using the password that's getting rejected by outlook exp., but when I send email from the webmail, it never arrives where I'm sending it. It's receiving email, but not sending.

I tidied the database, and forced a cpanel update.

But I get the same error as above when trying to d/l email, and now get this telnet error:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/ladycat_2006/Stuff/telnet2.gif

And I still can't send email from the web account.

I logged into the webmail of a different domain on the same server, and it also is receiving email but not sending, so must be a server-wide problem.

How can I troubleshoot?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Regarding the outlook error, it seems that the port address 25 is blocked in your firewall or by your ISP. You can try to disable the firewall and have a try. The alternative to this you can also try to use an alternative SMTP port address and have a try.

Also sending email through webmail you will have to check the email logs for the exact error message. You can check the error logs at /var/log/exim_mainlog.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. titel

titel Registered