The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd question about restoring structures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by midnight, May 18, 2003.

1. midnight

midnight Registered

OK, this is a little complicated, so please bear with me...

Our server was running the latest cpanel and whm on redhat 8.0... something happened, we're not sure what, but it made the mounted drive "read only" even though other checks were showing it as "rw"...

We had to have a new HD placed in the machine. The new HD had redhat 8.0 placed onto it. We have re-installed cpanel and whm...

Here's the question... we had more than 400 accounts signed up. Now, we have the old hard drive slaved on to the new one, under /mnt/hdb3 and can access the files from there...

My question is, how do we save the mysql account information and other account information on this new HD from the old HD? I understand how to move the actual file directory structures, but what do I need to copy or move so that cpanel will know the old account information?

Thanks in advance

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

How did you determine it was 'ro' if the checks were saying 'rw'?

We just had a machine have a similar problem. We can't get quotas working on it - it seems to think it's in what also appears to be a read only state. It happend on a box that got WHM 6.4E3 installed.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

3. midnight

midnight Registered

Actually, we were told by the NOC manager at the datacenter where our server is located that it was not rebooting because it was freezing during boot... The drive was later slaved to a second drive with RedHat 8.0 on it.

I mounted the data area of the original drive and checked everything from top to bottom. There was nothing that indicated a problem with the drive settings... However, it wouldn't boot, so there was a problem somewhere.

I was just curious if there was an emergency procedure in place that would allow a user to move everything they had on one drive to another without losing account information, cpanel settings, etc. and if there were such a procedure, where would the average user find it?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: