The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

odd restore issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScrltOTara, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ScrltOTara

ScrltOTara Active Member

I am trying to fix someone else's mess. An account was moved from one cpanel server to another. The DNS wasn't working right, and, instead of fixing it, someone at Liquid Web said they have to recreate the account, only the did it under the wrong domain name. So they sorted it out, now the domain won't resolve.

DNS Stuff has the correct information as far as where the domain goes,and I have deleted and recreated the zone in WHM. The odd thing - they had 4 parked domains that went awol - they aren't in cpanel EXCEPT under forwarded email addresses - they are still set up to forward.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in cpanel, this account won't load the cpanel header, but all the other ones will.

Any advice on how to fix this mess?

Thanks,

#1 ScrltOTara, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please escalate the issue by submitting a support request including all details, including account user and domain names involved, so that we may assist with investigation; direct ("root") access is necessary so that an accurate diagnosis can be formed and proper investigative procedures may take place. Please let me know the ticket ID number (e.g., via a PM) upon submitting the support request so that I may follow-up internally. For reference, the links in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission.