The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd WHM startup behaviour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whitehat, Mar 8, 2004.

1. whitehat

whitehat Member

For a variety of reasons for which I am satisfied, I have switched from ProFTP to Pureftpd. Sharing the tale of the labor to finally have it function properly could be another post.

Anyway, once the issue of pure-ftpd getting to work was resolved, I used WHM to disable Anon FTP. That has created another problem I have not resolved.

Now, everytime I log back in to WHM, my initial panel opens to
    Which in and of itself is fine, since I want Anon Ftp disabled anyway. But automatically restarting the ftp server each time I log into WHM is a tad bizarre .. and annoying.

RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.29, WHM 9 here.
    Any ideas? thoughts? Has anyone else encountered this situation and how was it resolved?

2. BrightAdmin

BrightAdmin Well-Known Member

Hi Whitehat,

You cannot disable Anonymous account from one particular site using whm/cpanel. if you want to do it will be a system wide change. i.e it will effect the entire system.

Hope this will provide you a clear picture.

Regards, :)

Bright

3. whitehat

whitehat Member

This situation has resurfaced again. I have spent the last several days fruitlessly trying to find an answer.

Simply put:

Each and every time I log into WHM, the page "FTP Settings Tweaked" appears and my ftp server gets restarted.

If I knew what I was missing here, I'd not need to post this question again. I thought I'd ask here again before I deem this worthy of a support ticket.

WHY??? What may be causing my ftp server (pure-ftpd) to keep getting restarted every time I log into WHM?

4. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

Where do you disable anon FTP?