The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oepnvz/Cpanel install nightmares

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brybert, Aug 30, 2006.

1. brybert

brybert Registered

Hi!
    First..I must tell you I am far from a mewb at this..and had already installed several other control panels without too many problems..nothing could have prepared me for this.

I now have three VPS's..yup..three seperate OS's...Fed 4..Fed 5..and Centos 4.3..with WHM's that are stuck in a never-ending "first time you ran" mode. I'm sorry, folks.
    I have ran out of things to do.

I remember a simple install of Tie::IxHash fixed the problems I was having with one VPS install. Not these. Centos was the first..and is the worst shape..even news doesn't work.

The Fed 4 and 5 ones at least have news...but do not offer login until you play the game with the setup program..which is odd.

I have installed all these at least three times each...looking at the logs...fixing missing things...and trying again. No luck.

No resource problems (My VPs server) no disk space problems...no RAm problems...and I am pretty good at installing the basics manually via RPM-kits ;) No more RPM shopping for this one..no sir. I'll do it once..then make kits. Things you can take out of the equation:

GCC, standard C libraries..PHP...perl...almost all the perl mods I know C panel is going to need...LWP, Net:Ftp, Etc..etc.

Somehow...and all three of these VPS's something very important is missing and the logs and putty logs ain't helping me much.

Oh..Openvz problems..it won't let me correct that.

Help!

Thanx

Bryon

2. brybert

brybert Registered

You are not going to believe...the problem was...I needed to wait. ;)

Hi!
    Well, folks. I've been doing computers and 'net for long darn time...and this is the first time
    the solution was: Wait for the new nameserver ns3..to propagate. That's it..that's all there was.

I did..in fact..run the ./fixndc.new..and I don't think it would have worked without it. I also came up with the novel idea: Use Browser #2 this time. remember..browsers do cache things...and sometimes that's a bad thing.

It seems that everything is fine with the Fed5 one...the only one that was a real nameserver. I will fix the others in the same manner. Amazing. ;)

Now I can take a look at the other stuff from lpanel and netenberg. Life is good.

Bryon