The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

off server email issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gollo, May 11, 2008.

1. gollo

gollo Registered

I'm having an issue sending email from domain.com to anotherdomain.com hosted on my server. The domain anotherdomain.com has it's MX records forwarded to another server.
    Email to domain.com and anotherdoman.com from any domain not hosted on the server goes through just fine.
    Email sent from anotherdomain.com to domain.com goes through just fine.
    In my exim logs I have the following:

Any info would be much appreciated.

2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    For the domain that has MX pointed elsewhere, have you actually edited the DNS on your server to have the MX pointed elsewhere? If so, then if you are running cPanel 11, it will automatically edit the localdomains and remotedomains list to move the domain from local to remote, so that your server doesn't think it is responsible for delivering the mail (unless you check the box to "always accept mail for the domain" or whatever it says, at the bottom of the Edit DNS screen)

Please confirm whether you are running cPanel 11 or not, and whether you have edited DNS for that domain to point MX elsewhere.

- Scott

3. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

given that you have the "static_route" router showing there, does the entry in the staticroutes file point to the right place?

4. gollo

gollo Registered

*sigh* Now I feel like a dumb ass. I had setup the static route before because we were redirecting MX entries to an exchange server and that resolved an issue we were having with some users not being able to send to us.
    Removing that entry from the staticroutes file did the trick.
    Thanks for the extra set of eyes.

5. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have some reading to do -- I don't even know about static routes, and I thought I was pretty good with exim!

- Scott