The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offering what my host offer

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by fzcsolutions, Jun 3, 2009.

1. fzcsolutions

fzcsolutions Registered

Hi everyone,

I'm oppening a new Hosting company which offers free hosting, i'm hosted in a Host which gived me Unlimited (Ftp+SQL+Mails+Disk+Bandwidth).

What i want to know is the solution to give my users the oppurtunity to use the cpanel with restrictions, it's like i offer to them a limited cpanel.

What i mean is when a user subscribes, i want to give him ability to use my cpanel, but with one allowed ftp and one allowed sql for example.

If there is not a solution or plugin to install into cpanel, what i have to do to offer them what i want, without they get into my cpanel (for example a script to creat the database directly from linux server).

Thank you.

2. sirbrent

sirbrent Well-Known Member

You require a host that will provide you with cPanel WHM. Ensure that your host grants you reseller rights (even if you are providing a free service) or you'll be violating their TOS thus leaving yourself open to countless serious problems -- not to mention potentially even a law-suit or seven.

Being a hosting provider requires a lot of knowledge and expertise.

#2 sirbrent, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  3. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you have a WHM reseller account?

If so you can create users and then user the cPanel feature manager to disable/enable the features for them. In terms of limiting space, Dbs, etc - that is all set when you create an account (of course can be modified later).