The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Office & iValue distress :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veronique, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Veronique

Veronique Registered

You've got an amazing forum going on here- heaps of help & info.

I'm having a very basic problem- I've done a search on here & have sent a zillion emails to iValueHost about it, but I'm not sure if its a cPanel or iValueHost query.

This is what I've done so far:
    I'm having problems getting my mail from Cpanel Squirrelmail to Microsoft Outlook. I can only find Outlook EXPRESS information on the CPanel help manual. I"ve read through all of that, the tutorial, searched in Microsoft, and everything & I still cant get OUTLOOK 2003 working. There are many more settings on OUTLOOK than shown in the outlook EXPRESS tutorial. Hotmail is working fine on my outlook.

I have entered in the following on Microsoft OUTLOOK 2003 (as per your email [10] eve-inc.com has been installed on our servers):

tools - email accounts - add new email account - choose ServerType 'POP3' -

User information:
    Name: Veron
    Email Address: Veron@eve-inc.com

Server Information:
    Incoming (POP3): mail.eve-inc.com
    Outgoing (SMTP): mail.eve-inc.com

Logon Information:
    here I tried both my email address & password from CPanel/Squirrelmail:
    Veron@eve-inc.com
    password: specific one used with email when I open up Squirrelmail

as well as my cpanel login:
    username: evekinc
    Password: given in the [10] eve-inc.com has been installed on our servers email

When I Test my Account Settings I get:
    establish network connection (status completed)
    finding SMTP (status completed)
    finding POP3 (status completed)
    log onto incoming (status completed)
    Send test email message (FAILED)

Errors: send test email message: the specified server was found, but there was no resonse from the server. Please verify that the port & SSL information is correct.

These are my settings under the advanced tab:
    General
    Mail account: mail.eve-inc.com
    Other User Infor: left blank.

Outgoing Server
    ticked/yes: 'my outgoing SMTP requires authentication"- ticked/yes use same settings as my incoming mail server

Connection
    ticked/yes: 'connect using my local network (LAN)

Advanced:
    Server Port Numbers
    Incoming Server POP3: 110
    not ticked: this server requires encrypted connection

Outgoing server SMTP: 25
    not ticked: this server requires encrypted connection

Server timeouts: 1 minute
    Delivery not ticked leave a copy

NOTE: log on using SPA is UNTICKED

Any help would be SOO appreciated. You guys are welcome to hurl a rock at me through virtualworld if my post is totally dumb :(

xo V. xo

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    is there a firewall blocking port 25 on your machine ? like McAfee or Norton ?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

This really is the sort of thing your web hosting provider should help you with since you're paying them for support. If they won't help, move to a more reputably provider.

4. Veronique

Veronique Registered

Thanks so much for your help! No, I deleted Norton a week ago. We don't have McAfee. I'm not sure what else it could be. We are able to get Hotmail on Microsoft Office, but not the account I've set up through cPanel.

Now its saying:

"Send test email message: The specific server was found, but there was no response from the sever. Please verify that the port & SSL info is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, the click on More Settings & click on the Advanced tab."
    "Find outgoing mail server (SMTP): Outlook could not connect to the outgoing mail server (SMTP). Th problem could be the server name or port, or your server may not support SSL. Verify your prot & SSL settings in More Settings under the Advanced tab."

I've a year contract with iValueHost & spent a huge amount of time ensuring they are a reputable provider. I thought it was something to do with the cPanel settings. If anyone can direct me to other possible avenues of info. I'd appreciate it! I've google'd it to no end, have sent countless messages to iValueHost, have trawled forums for info about iValueHost's SMTP settings etc & have not gotten anywhere. Thanks heaps!

xo Veron xo

5. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

This wouldn't (or rather shouldn't) be anything to do with Cpanel and will almost certainly be due to either your settings in Outlook or due to some firewall on your computer, local network settings or oddities with your ISP.

As Chirpy said, you should contact your hosting provider for support. If they are unwilling to respond to your support queries, you should start questioning their suitability.