Official Stage 2 Release Dates (maybe)

AtlantisService

Mar 15, 2007
I'm "guessing" we finally have an official release date. For the first time The Cpanel Team has "lowered" the release date, rather then bump it up.

Was:

May 2, 2007 CURRENT
May 18, 2007 EDGE**
June 5, 2007 RELEASE
August 14, 2007 STABLE
August 15, 2007 CURRENT
August 29, 2007 RELEASE
TBD STABLE

Now:

May 2, 2007 CURRENT
May 18, 2007 EDGE**
June 5, 2007 RELEASE
August 14, 2007 STABLE
September 12, 2007 CURRENT
September 19, 2007 RELEASE
September 26, 2007 STABLE

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
"August 14, 2007 STABLE "

Can you imagine all the machines around the world that will automatically switch to Cpanel 11 on August 14th.

I wouldn't want to be working their tech support that day. ;)

AtlantisService

Mar 15, 2007
"August 14, 2007 STABLE "

Can you imagine all the machines around the world that will automatically switch to Cpanel 11 on August 14th.

I wouldn't want to be working their tech support that day. ;)
If you're smart, you shouldn't have it on auto update. It's best to review the update as it happens. ;)

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
If you're smart, you shouldn't have it on auto update. It's best to review the update as it happens. ;)
We turned off autoupdate about 18 months ago. Coming into the office in the morning and seeing the answering machine showing "0" messages waiting is much better than when we had our Cpanel boxes set for autoupdate.

;)

AtlantisService

Mar 15, 2007
I must be mis-reading something. Today is the 13th. Stable is still slated for the 14th (to my limited knowledge), which is tomorrow.
You're not miss reading. I was. That is I was forgetting what month we are in. I'm waiting for STAGE 2. Already on CURRENT stage 1.

I'm not worried about Cpanel 11 Stage 1. I've found it to be very stable. So much we've pushed ALL our servers to the CURRENT build as of yesterday. But the biggest thing we keep hearing is why we are still using Apache 1? That is when we point the finger to your site and ask the same question (no pun intended, but it does take off the edge on our part).

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You're not miss reading. I was. That is I was forgetting what month we are in. I'm waiting for STAGE 2. Already on CURRENT stage 1.
That's understandable. Date and time are my banes. And no, I'm not in charge of scheduling.

I'm not worried about Cpanel 11 Stage 1. I've found it to be very stable. So much we've pushed ALL our servers to the CURRENT build as of yesterday. But the biggest thing we keep hearing is why we are still using Apache 1? That is when we point the finger to your site and ask the same question (no pun intended, but it does take off the edge on our part).
EA3 is shaping up nicely. Most of the build issues are resolved for all platforms (I leave room in there for unique configurations), meaning Linux, FreeBSD 32 and 64 bit. We've recently moved Tomcat, mod_security, mod_mono and mod_bandwidth to EA3 and added suhosin for PHP. All those parts actually work "out of the box"

The httpd.conf handling is what proves to be the most fun. Converting everything correctly from Apache 1.3 -> 2.0;2.2 and every combination thereof proves most enjoyable :rollseyes: If every httpd.conf was vanilla, un-modified, it would be much simpler.