The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Offload MySQL

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by mahdy_sharifi, Sep 28, 2012.

1. mahdy_sharifi

mahdy_sharifi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi :

- I want move my MYSQL service to spread server , Is it possible use 1 database server to handle more than 1 Cpanel server ? ( I have 3 cpanel sever + 1 MySQL server to handle database) is it possible ?

- I don't prefer to move Mysql service with Cpanel Automatic option , is it possible doing this process manually ?
    (move data to mysql server and then change Cpanel setting from command line)

- when we use offload Mysql , what's happen when Cpanel backup start ? can Cpanel get Mysql backup from external server ?

Regards

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

1) You can cluster multiple cPanel machines to one remote MySQL server, but this can be an issue for account moves from one cPanel server to another due to the MySQL database as well as services such as eximstats, cphulkd, horde, roundcube, etc. Any databases that will have rows that will be duplicates with the other cPanel servers.

In those instances, you might want to run local copies for MySQL for select services.

2) For remote MySQL, you'll need to use WHM's area to setup the remote MySQL server. You can always move the databases manually, but you'll need to use WHM for the script configuration to setup the remote machine.

3) cpbackup will still back up the remote MySQL databases provided they were properly created in cPanel > MySQL Databases area for the account so that they exist in /var/cpanel/databases area for proper mapping.

Thanks!

3. mahdy_sharifi

mahdy_sharifi Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi :

Can you explain about bold section ?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You could run two instances of MySQL, one using the remote login credentials and another using the local MySQL service on a machine. The local copy could be used to connect to the database on the server. It would be a more difficult configuration, but it is possible to do.