The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok, im a noob.. and need help.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by com-techs, Jan 22, 2006.

1. com-techs

com-techs Member

got the 15 day trial of cpanel, to see if i can set it up and get a domain hooked up to it.

so far, i finally got the cpanel working. and i uploaded site files.

but there seems to be a problem.

my domain is not connecting to the server.

in cpanel there is a ns name server option ns1.myhost.com etc

i went to my domain registrar. and pointed it to the ns1 and 2

the ip portion works fine.

but the domain does not see my server.

is there something in the whm, for me to add to get the name server to see my domain?

i searched, but i found nothing, possibly because im not sure how to search got this issue?

if this has to do with my host. then i will contact them. but im not sure, as im winging it trying to setup cpanel fully before forking out the money that is wanted to use it. :(
    i need it for only 1 domain. but may need to do something to pay for the cpanel usage.

2. Jimmyftw

Jimmyftw Active Member

Have you gone through your domain registrar to register ns1 and ns2.yourdomain.com as nameservers pointed to the appropriate IP addresses on your server? When setting up to use your own name server you have to register those addresses as name servers through your registrar AND change the name server records on the domain to those.

3. com-techs

com-techs Member

yes, i set those up to the one cpanel lists in the whm basic setup

but if i use the domain, i get nothing,

if i use the ip i get mt site and on the other ips There is no website configured at this address.

that is what i was hoping to see. but i dont get that. just a planke page. or im reffrerd to google.