Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

OK to delete _edit and _preview files?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michaelv7654, Dec 14, 2008.

1. michaelv7654

michaelv7654 Registered

Hi guys,
    I'm pretty new to all this CPanel stuff and started out using the inbuilt HTML editor to make changes to my website - however, I have since discovered there are other editors out there that work much better (for me) and have begun using one of these others instead. Now I simply upload the changed file(s) as required - which seems to work really well.

However, in my public_html directory, there are 43 .wysiwygPro_edit and 43 .wysiwygPro_preview files that were generated (I think) by the system when I was using the CPanel editor.

My questions are:
    1. Do these files serve any worthwhile purpose?
    2. If YES, what is that purpose?
    3. If NO, can I safely delete them?

Here's a sample of the files so you all know which ones I'm talking about:

.wysiwygPro_preview_terms_html.php
    .wysiwygPro_edit_diy_html.php

MY gut feel is that it will be OK to get rid of them - but I thought I should check before I do.

Please forgive me if someone else has asked this question before but I couldn't find anything similar in this or the other forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

Yes it is fine to remove them

3. michaelv7654

michaelv7654 Registered

Thanks for that sirotex..........I'll get to and delete them and clean up my folder. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...