The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, What's Up with WHM/Apache build?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Digital2, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Digital2

Digital2 Member

I go to my Plesk server and I update Apache...No problems...ever. Not even a hiccup.

I go to my CPanel server and I update Apache and 90% of the time Apache 1.3.34 will totally crash. If this were open source software, I could understand it but this is proprietary software (and very expensive to boot). This issue has existed for a looooong time so I have to ask why it has not been addressed. The whole purpose of using this GUI to manage the server is to save time and avoid SSH. My host tells me that SSH is the only way to update Apache because WHM cannot do it reliably. My question is : Why has buildapache not been fixed yet?:(

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

I can't recall ever having a problem building Apache through WHM.

Have you tried submitting a support ticket to cPanel?

3. Digital2

Digital2 Member

The issue seems to be with compiling it with php 5.0.5. It always screws the php build up. I have resigned myself to just spending countless hours managing my server in SSH. Submitting a ticket will not help. When 100+ sites are offline, no one has time to wait for support. You just go into SSH and fix it to get your sites back up.

4. Digital2

Digital2 Member

All I did was go into UPdate Apache, I unchecked php 4.4.1 and checked php 5.0.5 and Curl and curl ssl and then clicked the ol' "build" button. That is the correct procedure no?

5. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Try also checking "Verbose Build (show configure and gcc output)" - this may well reveal some error messages that were previously not visible.

You could then contact cPanel with the full build output and they should be able to investigate things from there.

As I asked, have you tried contacting cPanel support? I always find their support excellent.

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Indeed. You do need to at least log the issue as a bugzilla entry and put in how you fixed it to make cPanel aware of the problem, otherwise they may not know of the particular issue you are suffering from. All servers are different and things can fail for different reasons.