The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, I'm new, so go easy.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dclough, May 9, 2004.

1. dclough

dclough Registered

I'm new to this whole VPS thing, so forgive the n00bness of this plea for help.

I set the NameServer IPs to the nameserver IPs of my domain name (Which I registered with Interland. The domain name is www.foehammernation.net if you want to do a WHOIS lookup) and I enabled the NameServers in Initial Nameserver Setup. But, when I go to create a new account, it says "Please setup a nameserver in Server Setup in WHM!"

Plus, I can't get to my domain name, and the DNS manager page on Interland's website won't let me into my DNS settings. Agh! What's going on?

EDIT: Oh, and I can't access my server via FTP with my root username and password. It accepts the root username, but not the password.

#1 dclough, May 9, 2004
    Last edited: May 9, 2004
  2. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    well, first check to see if the name server IPs match up:

Server Name: B.NS.INTERLAND.NET
    IP Address: 69.0.145.33
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

Server Name: A.NS.INTERLAND.NET
    IP Address: 64.226.28.33
    Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

If the IPs are correct, then make sure you have set them up in the name server initial config (but you said you did so skip that step)

Then, after that you need to set the name servers in "Server Setup" in Whm. Its the first option in the list I believe, maybe second. You then should create A records for the Name Servers at that time in that place as well, and enter those into the zone. If the zone doesnt exist, it will create them for you.

That should be all.

Oh yeah, you arent supposed to be able to ftp as root