The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay to install ASSP from FreeBSD Ports?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by df-sean, Feb 16, 2008.

1. df-sean

df-sean Registered

I want ASSP on my FreeBSD6.2/Cpanel11 box. Has anyone tried simply installing it from FreeBSD ports? Any issues with this at all?

2. norelidd

norelidd Well-Known Member

Not only are you going to get a super old version from the BSD repo, as the maintainer doesn't maintain anymore, but it will also do nothing for you as you would need the appropriate scripts to make assp play nice with cpanel.

Do yourself a favor and get ASSP Deluxe for cPanel or ASSPX, as they will install the latest assp for you and also populate the settings properly and all that good stuff.

3. df-sean

df-sean Registered

The ASSP version in FreeBSD ports appears to be the very latest version (ver. 1.3.3.8). So that doesn't appear to be an issue.

My concern with ASSP Deluxe and ASSPX is that I'm not confident that they're intended to play nice with FreeBSD. (I'm pretty sure ASSPX is not.)

Any other thoughts on this guys? Is ANYONE using ASSP with FreeBSD/CPanel? How did you do it?

4. bsdjunk

bsdjunk Member

There is a couple howtos on doing this, it is a nice package but the default cpanel items is fine.

5. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

ASSP Deluxe works on FreeBSD without any problem. Recently I added also support for Trustix. You can email me for support (and refund if you will not be satisfied).