The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old server connects with domain after pointing domain to other server

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Lardi, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Lardi

Lardi Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I pointed domain to another server, created new ftp, and uploaded database which i downloaded from previous server. But after doing all this, when i try to open the domain, it shows old website and read old file folder which it has on old server. I am trying to sort out this since 3 days, but no succes. any suggestions.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest using a website such as IntoDNS.com to verify you correctly updated your name servers and that they are associated with IP addresses added to the new server.

Thank you.

3. Lardi

Lardi Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Sir i checked intoDNS.com
    Domain NS records shows my current name server which i pointed, Some errors sign it shows on section like "Mismatched NS records", "DNS servers responded", "Multiple Nameservers", "Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers", "SOA record", "MX Records", rest all shows ok.
    will this above sections are creating problem or any other thing interrupting it. when i try to open domain it shows
    "cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi" along with the domain name.

It would be a great assist from your end.

Waiting for solution

Thank You

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This is a different outcome compared to your original post. Has this changed? If so, please try reporting this issue to your web hosting provider if you do not have root access to the system so they can take a closer look.

Thank you.

5. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Where did you update your Nameserver records.
    This should really be done right down at registrar levels, once the DNS has had time to propogate globally, any traffic to that domain will be sent to the new name server.

Also, maybe a silly question, but did you reset your browser cache and a DNS flush on your computer ?
    Maybe the fault is that your computer hasn't updated and is trying to connect to the old server, or using cached files.