one account cannot receive emails from Brinkster.. All other accounts can.. Help !

ramystyle

Feb 9, 2004
Montreal
Hi,

I have the latest whm/cpanel version installed.
I also have assp deluxe installed.

Here's my problem: I have a client that is having problems with his emails account. When someone sends him a mail from Brinkster.net, a rebound error is received:
This is the Postfix program at host mta7.brinkster.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<[email protected]>: kellyetcie.com
This only happens to that specific client. I tried sending a brinkster email to another account on the server, and it works fine. The problem only happens with that specific client..

Also that client is a reseller.. And all of his accounts have that same problem..

Any idea why ?

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

I have the latest whm/cpanel version installed.
I also have assp deluxe installed.

Here's my problem: I have a client that is having problems with his emails account. When someone sends him a mail from Brinkster.net, a rebound error is received:

This only happens to that specific client. I tried sending a brinkster email to another account on the server, and it works fine. The problem only happens with that specific client..

Also that client is a reseller.. And all of his accounts have that same problem..

Any idea why ?
Well, since the message that brinkster sends back to the sender reveals absolutely nothing useful, you have two options:

1. contact brinkster and find out the real error messages

or

2. check your own mail logs (/var/log/exim_mainlog /var/log/exim_rejectlog) and see what happened during the delivery of that message.

If Brinkster had communicated with your server at all in an attempt to deliver that email, you should have record of the transaction in your exim logs. It may tell you a little more.

Mike