The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One account doesn´t change the language

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tecnotronico, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. tecnotronico

    tecnotronico Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2004
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Fellows,

    We use spanish as the normal language for our accounts. We have several servers and all works fine ... however, one account was moved from other supplier to us and for that particular account it´s impossible to change the language for CPanel. We have done all from WHM and it looks fine. The account is reported in WHM as being in spanish, however, once you go into this account´s CPanel it is always in english!!. We have used the several Cpoanel skins where we have the spanish language and allways is the same!!.

    I guess this should be related with some kind of permissions at the hiden files/folders in that particular account (we have not changed anything but the customer or the restore procedure could change something ??).

    Have anyone had this problem before?? Could somebody help us or give us a clue on this situation?? is there a command for fixing permisions for just one particular account??

    Thanks in advance for your very appreciated support
     
  2. hostmedic

    hostmedic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2003
    Messages:
    559
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. tecnotronico

    tecnotronico Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2004
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Thanks for your replay ... however, I just want to fix one account so that it should accept the language configured at the WHM (which in fact reports it as having spanish since it reads the cpanel/users file which is set to spanish ... but looks like the cpanel for that account doesn´t read it and keeps the english language !!!).

    I also have SSH access but I have no idea where to look for fixing this particular account.
     
  4. hostmedic

    hostmedic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2003
    Messages:
    559
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    in ssh do this

    Check the /var/cpanel/users/USERNAME and see if there is a setting LANG=english

    if so make the change to spanish

    Hope that helps
     
  5. hostmedic

    hostmedic Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2003
    Messages:
    559
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    duh ...

    i just noticed it looks like you may have checked that file...
    thats a new one for me - if its set there - not really sure...
     
  6. tecnotronico

    tecnotronico Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2004
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Thanks again for your support ... in fact I have verified /var/cpanel/users/USERNAME before to post here and it says "spanish" ...
     
  7. tecnotronico

    tecnotronico Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2004
    Messages:
    28
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    Ok ... I have solved the rare case ... please find here the explanation:

    The customer used the usarname "myuname1" at the older provider and we did the account setup using the username "myuname", it means that there was a missing "1" character.

    The problem didn´t came out before since we created the account for the domain "myuname.net" while they had at the other server the domain "myuname.com" which was later pointed to the DNS of the new server assigned.

    Well, once the customer restored the files from the original site, some files at the new server were wrong since they were internally refering the old username. This caused several issues with Awstats and other applications (like the frontpage extentions that they were using).

    To fix this issue, we used Webmin (excellent server administration appl which have a perfect complemet for Cpanel). In Webmin there is a file manager which has a File Manager Appl. This appl has a search function which allowed us to findout all the files having the wrong username and we edited all of them to fix this.

    Besides, we found that there is a hiden file at the home directory of the account named ".lang" which inside had "espanol" instead of "spanish" (probably due to the same issue). Once we edited the file writting "spanish" the Cpanel was shown in spanish as it was supposed to be from the beggining!!.

    I hope this long explanation could help some of you with similar situations... ;)
     
Loading...

Share This Page