The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One customer is killing the entire server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mitk, Apr 24, 2013.

1. mitk

mitk Well-Known Member

I have one customer who is killing mysql on the entire server with a wordpress addon and we are trying to figure out what one it is but this got me thinking there must be a way to prevent this one customer from affecting everyone else on the server.

Does anyone have any suggestions how i can prevent this one customer from killing the server for everyeone else?

2. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You suspend their account.

cPanelJared likes this.
  3. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can also repair mysql database from the cPanel. Go here

4. mitk

mitk Well-Known Member

Well i am not 100% sure its them and I would like to find a better solution then suspend their account, I am thinking long term with other customers and multi servers. I don't want to spend hours suspending accounts and letting one account effect the entire server and pissing off all the customers on said server.

it doesn't look good if I need to tell a customer on your site is down because Dumbass number one put a wordpress script on his account so its going to also effect you. yes i can suspend the account but until I get to it its going to cause problems for the other people.

This is why i am wondering if there is another solution that will limit that account from hurting everyone else.

For example take a VPS, you wouldn't use a VPS if one person could run something and kill it for everyone else on that server.