The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One domain not resolving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nsetiono, Apr 28, 2010.

1. nsetiono

nsetiono Active Member

Here is my problem

There is around 100 domains on my server but 1 domain always get trouble to get resolved sometime.

This is only happened to that domain only because others domain name which is hosted together and using same nameserver is working fine on resolving thing.

I really don't know how to fixing it since i never experiencing this problem before but yes this one is really annoying me

Maybe some here had this problem also in the past and know how to fixing it :)

2. serlex

serlex Well-Known Member

What do you mean by not resolving? not loading at all? Have you tried it with IP address? try running a traceroute to the server using IP and domain name

3. nsetiono

nsetiono Active Member

by using ip address it can work fine but when i try to load it using the domain name, it's said the domain name cannot be resolved

see this error when i checking on intodns.com

Code:
    Mismatched NS records  	WARNING: One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records.
    Error 	DNS servers responded 	ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond:
    The ones that did not responded are:
    64.85.163.161 64.85.163.160
    Pass 	Name of nameservers are valid 	OK. The nameservers reported by the parent send out nothing as shown above. I can't check nothing so it's a green!
    Error 	Multiple Nameservers 	ERROR: Looks like you have less than 2 nameservers. According to RFC2182 section 5 you must have at least 3 nameservers, and no more than 7. Having 2 nameservers is also ok by me.
    Pass 	Nameservers are lame 	OK. All the nameservers listed at the parent servers answer authoritatively for your domain.
    Pass 	Missing nameservers reported by parent 	OK. All NS records are the same at the parent and at your nameservers.
    Error 	Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers 	You should already know that your NS records at your nameservers are missing, so here it is again:

delta.nshared.com.
    gamma.nshared.com.

but now after around 15-30 minutes the domain resolving again.

that's why i said weird because only 1 domain name from 100 domain names on that server which sometime not resolved