The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One IP, Multiple domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fusedapart, Jan 16, 2012.

1. fusedapart

fusedapart Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am somewhat new to WHM, not cpanel.

I have 3 dedicated IP addresses and 9 domains. I want to distribute my domains/site between multiple IPs.

How do I do this?

I also want to create 3 unique nameservers, and have the domains that share that particular IP, use the same nameservers.

When I try to assign the domains to the same IP it is greyed out.

How can I go about this?

2. JayFromEpic

JayFromEpic Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well the way the servers work, you can have your primary, shared IP used on as many domains as your server can handle. The only true reason to use separate ips for domains is for ssl certifications.

I know there is a way to assign multiple shared IPs, I cannot remember off the top of my head, but it does take some extra configuration in your vhosts and so forth.

3. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can distribute your domains into multiple IPs. But for this you will have to create first reseller account and add domains under each reseller account. For example create three reseller account and add nine domains among three reseller accounts.
    You can easily then shared IP address for each reseller account and it's domains from WHM Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Manage Main Shared/Ipless Ip

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The concept in cPanel is to have one main shared IP address. Every other IP address is dedicated. The only way to have more than one shared IP address is to create a reseller, and designate one IP address as that reseller's shared IP address. Only that reseller can use that IP address as a shared IP address; no one else can add accounts to that reseller's shared IP address.

5. DigiAgent

DigiAgent Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks Jared !
    I have a managed server in a farm, yet no one was able to explain it like you just did!

I registered with this forum just to let u know I much I appreciated your insight ;)

DigiAgent