The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One login, access to all files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by opholdings, Dec 16, 2007.

1. opholdings

opholdings Registered

I have a few hundred domains and would like a single login to access all files on the domains.

How is this done?

Currently I need to login for each domain.

#1 opholdings, Dec 16, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. darren.nolan

darren.nolan Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is root?

If you had another account - say a reseller account to access all your files on your domains, I think that'd you run into ownership problems extremely quickly, or tire of chowning all the files you make and touch.

Are you wanting one login for shell, FTP or WHM? If you are a reseller, then you can log into peoples cPanel accounts (and access file manager) with their username, and your reseller or root password, if it's been setup on your server.

3. opholdings

opholdings Registered

I own all the domains and would like a single login to access all the domains and files. If you have several hundred domains, it makes it easy to have a single login to administer all files.

I would like to access via WHM or by creating a CPanel reseller account that can access all. I assume the functionality is there, I just cannot figure how to setup.

Thanks.

4. darren.nolan

darren.nolan Well-Known Member

If you're root, create a reseller account. Then under the reseller config, just make the owner of your domains (smaller accounts) the new reseller.

Log into WHM as the reseller (or even as root) - list accounts, click on the little cPanel icon.

Alternatively, as before if you have root access you can enter any username and the root password and you'll log in.

You need to ensure it's not been disabled.

As root - in WHM goto Server Configuration, Tweak Settings -> Disable login with root or reseller password into the users' cPanel interface. Also disable switch account dropdown in themes with switch account feature.