The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One remote MySQL server for multiple CPanel servers

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by markhard, May 4, 2013.

1. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

I have the same question on an old thread here

i've look into the database map tool but the mapping is to assign databases or database users to specific cpanel user, hence it's not mapping such as:

host1_eximstats
    host1_horde
    host2_eximstats
    host2_horde
    etc.

not to mention the problem if there are same usernames on both cpanel servers which will cause database ownership problem.

i've tried to setup a remote MySQL server and strangely the setup script failed to transfer eximstats database with message that it have to be transferred manually. there is also a test account database which is not transferred too, while databases such as horde and roundcube seems to be transferred correctly.

is this intended? that eximstats and databases created prior remote MySQL setup will remain in localhost?

and the database host information on CPanel is using IP address of the MySQL remote server, is it possible to show the hostname instead of IP address? this might be a problem if we have to move the MySQL server to a new/upgraded server hardware.

2. markhard

nobody have this kind of setups?

3. markhard

i re-run the setup remote mysql and getting the same error regarding eximstats, is this intended?