The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Server, 3 IP addresses, 3 Websites, Eyes crossing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McPhil, Jan 14, 2009.

1. McPhil

McPhil Active Member

OK, I've searched these forums but not coming up with a clear answer. This is what I'm trying to do. I can't find how to do it in the WHM/cPanel outline documentation. Thanks for any help or pointing this out in the manual if you will.

I have:

1 CentOS server with WHM loaded. I need to set up 3 Website with three different IP addresses all link to the linux box. I can load any one of the 3 IP addresses but http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ and I get the default:

"Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server"

What I need is three directories and user accounts in cPanel

path1: /home/user1/public_html/
    path2: /home/user2/public_html/
    path3: /home/user3/public_html/

So that cPanel loads separately for each IP or resolved domain. I hope this makes since what I'm trying to do. I'm somewhat new to WHM/cPanel or at least setting up accounts. I don't know the nomenclature very well so if you need clarification, please do ask.

Cheers,
    Phil

2. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    1- Create 3 accounts if you haven't already created them from "WHM >> Account Functions >> Create a new Account". This will create their profiles as /home/user1/,/home/user2/,/home/user3.

2- All should be created on main shared IP. You can move two of them on their dedicated IP from "WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address"

3- The two domains you move on dedicated IP from Change Site's IP Address feature will resolve via IP as well. However, the first domain on the main shared IP will show cPanel's default page. Main shared IP is for multiple sites, so shows no single domain by default, instead the cPanel Apache default page.