The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One user, multiple accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WolfResellers, Jan 29, 2005.

1. WolfResellers

WolfResellers Registered

Hi, I'm new to WHM (sorry in advance) but I have several users with multiple domains that they want to be able to manage seperately but with the same username. If I try and create a new account for cPanel in WHM when they already have one account, I just get the error: username already exists message...

Any tips or public shaming? ;)

WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.0.0-C48
    RedHat 9 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Thats correct each account must have a distinct username as when the account is created a folder with that username is created under /home and all their files are stored their the user name is also used as the prefix for MySQL datbases names and usernames.

If they want to only login in one place then they will have to be setup as a reseller with all the other accounts under theirs, as resellers they can log in to their cPanel account on the server and they will have a drop box so they can jump from one account to another to access the features, they will also have access to WHM but you can set them up with limited functions so that they can only access certain features if you wish to restrict them.