The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oneclick Backup including the /usr/local/cpanel/img-sys/ directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by columbo_85, Oct 29, 2012.

1. columbo_85

columbo_85 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I have a customer who has 2 cPanel accounts both using the /usr/local/cpanel/img-sys/ directory for images and files which both accounts need.
    My Customer wants to do a weekly manual backup to be independent from the hoster.
    So far he uses the cPanel backup-function "Download or Generate a Full Website Backup".
    But the problem is that this only backups the database and the home directory, but not the img-sys directory.
    Is there any easy way in cPanel or WHM to make a backup of the img-sys directory?
    A putty or WinSCP connection is not an option, because that is too complicated for the customer.

Would be great if someone could help me,

Thanks in advance
    Michael

2. NixTree

NixTree Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I found the following lines in cpbackup script.

So you can add this "deprecated" script ( /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/precpbackup ) and backup the contents of /usr/local/cpanel/img-sys/ to /home/cpbackuptmp/user ; I think that will work. Anyway it is not recommended to add files outside home directory and share files from there for domains. If you want to share these files between domains, better make it under an account and share from there.

3. columbo_85

columbo_85 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your answer.
    Unfortunately it's not possible to backup the files in the home directory, because the files are several Gigabytes big. So the maximum of the Server would be exceeded.

It would be great if there was an other solution. I didn't put the files by choice there ;)

The problem is:
    There are two cPanel accounts:
    userONE -> /home/userONE/public_html/
    userTWO -> /home/userTWO/public_html/

userTWO uploads and manages the files (mostly images) and userONE outputs them (directly, not with php). So if I created an account in /home/userONE/public_html/FILES/ and made userTWO the group and owner of this directory, I still could not upload anything from userTWO account there. Even not with chmod 777. Must be security reasons.
    So I searched for a solution and I found the img-sys directory described in the cPanel Forums. So far it's the only solution which worked. If there is another one, please let me know ;)