The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OneFusion claims buggy Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mchandler, Mar 22, 2004.

1. mchandler

mchandler Registered

My reseller host is OneFusion located at http://www.onefusion.com.

They claim that my customer websites are all down as a result of a bug in Cpanel, but I see no bugs related to this problem. MySQL is down and BIND is down, effectively taking everyone offline.

Can someone point me to more information on this bug (if that's truly the case)? Also, any advice on how to get things back up and running would be nice since the folks at OneFusion can't seem to figure it out.

Many thanks!

Mike

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I agree with thaphantom. Unfortunatly it is companies like this giving cPanel a bad name. It is a growing trend to blame cPanel because they are not smart/skilled enough to be running servers.

3. rationalhost

rationalhost Registered

OneFusion

I had a reseller account with them almost a year ago. The server was hacked and rendered useless for several days at a time -- probably two weeks (IIRC) in total before I bailed. They were nice enough folks and they supposedly went to great lengths to try to restore the server functionality...but they never did fix it. Having sites down with no way of doing anything about it was extremely frustrating. In the end, they offered me "dirt cheap" dedicated hosting on a server in Singapore. Given my recent experience with them, I was reluctant.

If you are in North America (or anywhere not in S.E. Asia for that matter) you may find the lag in support communication difficult with them at times like this. I sure did.

Best of luck in finding a solution to your current problem (and in the search for a new host if necessary.)

G

4. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Based on personal experience with OneFusion (a few years ago) I have to agree that the problem is with the Hoster, not the Control Panel.

5. joshaujtm

joshaujtm Registered

6. cytopia

cytopia Active Member

Hmmm, check out my signature for a good web host ;-)

7. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

Thanks for your unbiased recommendation. :)

8. cytopia

cytopia Active Member

Your welcome, I do what i can.

9. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

They are lieing to you get a new host :).

Sounds like they need some new sys admins.

10. mchandler

mchandler Registered

OneFusion's spin

I like to think that I keep my ear to the ground in regards to wide spread software problems. Check out OneFusion's spin on their recent troubles. Here's an email (after two weeks of down time and absolutely no response) from their tech support:

Dear Customer

I thank you for bringing up the issue to us. Firstly, let me assure you that ONEfusion is committed to providing quality service and stability to all our customers. However, the recent turn of events regarding cPanel and their buggy software has caused many web hosts worldwide to experience downtime and service instability. We have been trying to work out these issues with them since the very start of problems last week but they have not released any stable releases of cPanel or patches to fix the problem until today.

As a valued customer, we definitely understand your situation when things do not go right and that they cause you negatively. Would you be interested in considering shifting your accounts to a Plesk-based hosting server? We have been running these services for the past year and have had very good uptime figures for all these servers.

Do let me know if this is an option you would like to consider. I am at the same time also monitoring cPanel for a bugfix to the many issues facing us, and will have them patched up as soon as they release a fix.
    Matthew Phua
    ONEfusion Support Team

11. networxhosting

networxhosting Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Mchandler,

I'd recommend any of the hosts that actively contribute to this forum, as it shows that they stay on top of things and keep up to date on all the latest developments with the control panel they trust for all of their Customers.

It seems there are way too many companies out there that think that cPanel is a replacement for a competant admin, from which they are very quick to blame cPanel whenever something goes wrong.

As long as you are hosted with a company that knows what they are doing, you will be fine. It seems that your current host very well could be one of those companies who lacks competant sysadmins. Check through the forums, im sure you will find a great cPanel host in any of the companies here who contribute, but it would probably be wise to switch from your current host if you are having problems and they blame cPanel instead of trying to help

Michael J. DeRosa
    Senior System Administrator
    NetworxHosting.com / CrazyHostGuy.com