The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ongoing Stats Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bjdea1, Dec 5, 2005.

1. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    we have one server that is never completing stats runs and the majority of user accounts on the server are not having any stats processed. The server is basically brand new with only 100 or so clients on it. The server load averages 0.3. So its not a load issue. I've asked 2 cpanel.net techs to look at it and both times they never solved the problem - in fact it was annoying how quickly they gave up.

The main problem I've seen is stats gets stuck on a users account - it seems to endlessly process the same users account forever. I don't know how to stop it.

Anyway, I have to fix this as the clients are getting annoyed about it. Does anyone know how to run stats for a single client? I was thinking I would run stats manually one by one.

2. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Follow up

Ok just to follow up on my orig post for the sake of others.

I ran stats using "/scripts/runstatsonce" and then watched the stats log via
    "tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/stats_logs" I could see from this that stats was looping for an accounts. I backep up this account and terminated it and rebooted the server. Stats was already running when I ssh'ed back into the server and I found that stats were no longer stuck on the old account (since it no longer existed) but was stuck on a new account). SO I backed up this account and terminated it also. I repeated this for 3 accounts until finally stats stopped looping and it seemed to be going through each account properly.

Only problem is there are more and more accounts on the server that seem to be having this stats looping problem!!!

Anyway so how do I isolate these problem accounts permanently from cpanellogd stats processing? Also without the user being able to turn their stats back on.

#2 bjdea1, Dec 5, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  3. cgarvey

cgarvey Member

I too had this problem .. and it was related to this thread .. I've posted a fix that seems to have worked for me.. you should wait for someone who knows better to comment though!

.cg