caatje

Mar 7, 2004
I noticed i only allowed to have 1 database!! Why on earth is this. With a webserver with 1000MB of space you can't expect to have little sites running that dont use any databases! I just need more! :mad:

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
oh, i'm sorry. i posted at the wrong forums... how stupid is that. Probably because i was so shocked and furious at the time i posted this. I have sent them an email about this.

Steve-PWH

Jun 30, 2002
So u have an account with 1000mb space and 1 SQL DB

Well certainly different

we give unlimited @ that size

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
that's what i expected to get. i have another website at another host. I only have 100 MB of webspace there, but still unlimited databases.

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
yes, i'm sorry lol. They said go to the support forum, and they just linked me here. And whitout looking i started posting. lol

Steve-PWH

Jun 30, 2002
lol

Whan i read it first I thought OMG WHM only lets u create 1 DB on whole server, Then i plugged mind in and realized what u had done

bamasbest

Jan 10, 2004
What a simple solution.

One database per account! I guess a restriction on the number of tables should apply as well:D

bamasbest

Jan 10, 2004
Then, naturally, the next step is to have a records storage surcharge. A nickel a record seems fair. Perhaps a dime per record if the table has more than 10 fields?

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
you guys make fun while i'm in trouble. :p maybe i should learn asp. or do that use MySQL too... damn damn damn

Steve-PWH

Jun 30, 2002
Originally posted by caatje
you guys make fun while i'm in trouble. :p maybe i should learn asp. or do that use MySQL too... damn damn damn
Making fun no :(

Erm Real asp mainly uses MSSQL - U dont wanna pay for that :D

Hope u get it sorted with ur supplier if not PM me i'll help you

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
ah, great, thanks. I've just emaild them and said i want my money back. lol. They have a 30 day money back guarantee, but there's some tricks behind that too. It has be a shared hosting plan, which i think i have, and then i have to fill in some sort of form, but i cant seem to find this order number they're talking about, even thouh i paid by credit card.

I'm all wired now, lol. If this doesnt work , i may need to do everything in HTML! oy, the thought of it alone....

bamasbest

Jan 10, 2004
A bit more work, but if you are stuck, just run multiple tables for your different dynamic elements.

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
Right... not so much into the dynamic pages yet. but thats ok ;) I'm learning more php every day, so thats good. I'll figure out a way to get it working if they dont want to give me back my money. It's just a lot easier to have databases.

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
I've jsut heard that it is possible to use one database for multiple applications. I don't know yet how it works, but if the refunding doesnt work i may just have to try that.

bamasbest

Jan 10, 2004
It is really quite simple.

All you have to make sure of is that two different applications don't use the same table name.

Most popular apps normally give you an option upon install to prefix the table names with any characters you like. Else, you can just modify the config file.

As en example, you could install your BBS with a bbs_ prefix before all of the tables. Your shopping cart with ecom_ as the prefix. That way, commonly used table names (like id, users, admin , etc...) would all be unique to the specific applications.

Steve-PWH

Jun 30, 2002
Originally posted by caatje
I've jsut heard that it is possible to use one database for multiple applications. I don't know yet how it works, but if the refunding doesnt work i may just have to try that.
It is yes but not ideal solution at all