caatje

Mar 7, 2004
I just got an email back to my support ticket. Of course they want to keep me as a customer. They replied with the following:

We would be willing to give you a free database to stay and we also have the following offer available.

Additional MySQL databases are available for $1.00/month. We also have a promotional upgrade offer available:

+ 10 MySQL Databases ($10/month value)
+ 50 FTP Accounts ($4/month value)
+ 5 Parked Domains ($5/month value)
+ Dedicated IP address ($2/month value)

Promotional Upgrade is valued at $21/month

For a limited time, this promotional upgrade offer is only an additional $3.49/month. If you would like to to take advantage of this promotional upgrade offer, let us know right away, as upgrades are limited. To upgrade, simple re-open and respond to this ticket.

it looks like a bargain if i can have that extra for only 3,49 a month. I've only paid 80 dollars for the 1000MB webspace with 40GB bandwhite for 2 years. So there was bound to be a catch.

Steve-PWH

Jun 30, 2002
it looks like a bargain if i can have that extra for only 3,49 a month. I've only paid 80 dollars for the 1000MB webspace with 40GB bandwhite for 2 years. So there was bound to be a catch.
Never a wiser thing said

caatje

Mar 7, 2004
Thanks for all the help though. Next time i may just have to be more careful with buying webspace. It can be a tricky thing to do with so many hosts on the web.

pirania1

May 10, 2003
Miami, FL
The only thing that makes me sick about this thread are replies of other companies dissing that host.

Everyone is allowed to have different business plan structure and you have no right whatsover to criticize it. Doing that you just wanna prove how good you are. For sure there are other companies that are more expensive than you - does it make them worse?

Don't make this place another webhostingtalk, please.
This is forum related to cpanel technical issues and not for pointing fingers at someone who may be helping you with your cpanel problems tomorrow. You never know. But business ethics should still apply.

My 2c

bamasbest

Jan 10, 2004
caatje,

IMO, I don't think you were "wrong" to post.

Initially, you posted a problem that really is NOT cpanel related. You could have received a "WTF" response. However, several participants attempted to assist you in your endeavors, regardless of the fact that you may have wound up in the wrong place.

As for "Business Ethics"... you plainly stated:

<snip>
yes, i'm sorry lol. They said go to the support forum, and they just linked me here. And whitout looking i started posting. lol
</snip>

You did, what any user would have done! You followed your host provider's link and they opened up the door.

Personally, unless you were PM'd by anybody, but for a (joking) jibe or two, I haven't seen any attempts by anybody that replied to your request with "helpful" information attempt to "steer" you away from your present host. Especially considering the fact that those that attempted to assist you did not even include sig's with hardlinks towards product/service sales?;)

needahost

Registered
Apr 7, 2004
What hosting company are you using? I'm looking to setup my first website, but am just a broke college student. I need something cheap, where my site won't be down all the time. Seems hard to find a cheap host with good reviews. Thanks for any input.

drwhiz

Mar 9, 2004
NeverLand
hello, i am running a FT hosting company on my own and i have only just started it. Have about 15 resellers under my wing through personal contacts and i have no second thoughts of hosting a single account free on board. If you happen to strike it big someday, then you can drop me a penny, haha.

a small diskspace and reasaonable BW isn't going to hurt my wallet. Unless you are going to do something terrible, off you go.

Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!