The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only accessable through localhost?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theMikeroy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. theMikeroy

theMikeroy Member

Hi there =)

I have somewhat of a strange issue...

I recently had to do some maintenance to a client's cpanel server, namely that had 2 80gb drives that were in an LVM group as a single volume.

The client wanted to have one of the drives mounted separately so that he could schedule backups to go into that folder (and on that separate drive) for various reasons.

So i went through the motions of resizing the ext3 filesystem to fit on a single drive, then moved all of the volume extends from one drive onto the other, and finally removing the second drive from the volume group. I did this in a gentoo livecd (cuz you can't do this sort of thing when it's mounted ina live system, duh)

So things booted back up just fine and all the services seem to be running normally, which is great. The new drive got formatted and is mounted in a backup folder and the OS didn't even hiccup when it booted.

Now, strangely, the user can't get any email (I havn't got an error message from him yet), and the logs don't show anything out of the ordinary.

Added to the fun, cpanel and whm are only accessable from the localhost. netstat -an shows:
    0 0.0.0.0:2082
    0 0.0.0.0:2083
    0 0.0.0.0:2084
    0 0.0.0.0:2086
    0 0.0.0.0:2087

Instead of the public IP to listen to. I can use links / lynx to access whm, but not from a remote browser.

HTTPD is running, and all the mail services seem to be running fine too (according to ps)

And, to make things more interesting, when i do /etc/init.d/cpanel stop it looks like it stops fine, but i can keep doing the same command and i keep getting the same output. Ditto for /etc/init.d/cpanel start... i can keep starting it and it doesn't complain that it's running at all.

The filesystem is transparent to cpanel (to the best of my knowledge) so i can't see how this lvm resize could have cause such a strange set of symptoms.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

:D

2. theMikeroy

theMikeroy Member

duh

ok, so i searched the cpanel forums for my username cuz i remember having the 'cant connect outside of localhost' issue and noticed that

ipdables --flush

did the trick there, and I can access it remotely...

the other issues are still present however =(