Only receiving email from other accounts

hillbilly57

Registered
Jul 6, 2007
Somewhere in Georgia
I'm sorry I can't provide bounce headers or error notifications but there are none that I can find. Fresh new email accounts send, no problem, but they only accept delivery from other accounts on my VPS. Test emails from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, and AOL never arrive and do not bounce. I've checked spam boxes (nothing there) and tested with SpamAssassin disabled. SPF and DKIM are enabled and checking exim_rejectlog shows nothing. The exim_mainlog only shows local activity, no delivery attempts from outside servers. I've checked RBL blacklists and MX Toolbox and all is well except that I do not have a DMARC record.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, is DMARC essential?

Bill

GOT

Get Proactive!
PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2003
Chesapeake, VA
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hard to say with what we have so far. I would check the MX record for the domain and verify that the internet sees the correct MX record.

You might also check your firewall to ensure port 25 is open to the general internet.

The fact that it's no where in your logs would indicate either a DNS problem or a firewall problem.

You could also try running

telnet ip 25

To verify your port 25 is open. This has to be done from something other than your server like your desktop or another server.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011