The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only Some can view site some can't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by psychodreams, Apr 14, 2004.

1. psychodreams

psychodreams Well-Known Member

Ok i have 3 websites hosted in cpanel when i have my friend look up the sites he can view all 3. half the time i cant view some of them. but when i instant message other people to try they all work fine. Go daddy telles me the nameserver are setup correctly. IAt diiferent times of the day I can view them other time i cant but when i cant someone else can. Is this a cpanel problem or is it an isp problem or some strange dns issue. Im thoroughly confused on this could someone point me in the right directino

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sounds like an ISP issue because if some people are able to see it at some times then the server itself is working. I would run a traceroute to the server when you cannot visit the site and see what happens. You should also contact your ISP and see if they are having any routing issues.

One thing to check before, are you able to acess the server in any other way (ftp/ssh) when you are not able to view your websites? If so it is something server related.

3. phantom2

phantom2 Well-Known Member

Definately an ISP problem. Make sure you are not using any proxy servers. For instance, AOL uses proxys by default.