chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Best of luck :) If it is going to work, you're going to have to act quickly and preferrably stop all processes on the server apart from SSH before the data on disk is overwritten. My best guess would be that it is gone for good, but you never know.

AndyReed

PartnerNOC
May 29, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Although you might be able to recover files in Linux, the data in the deleted files might not be intact or very likely to get corrupted in the recovery process. Good luck!

gpreston

Jan 31, 2004
West Chester, PA
Not really an easy way to do that with *NIX. Either recover it from a backup or try some *NIX based file recovery tool. I don't really have any experience with file recovery though since I'm fortunate enough not to have ever done something like that.

SupermanInNY

Jul 19, 2003
chirpy said:
Best of luck :) If it is going to work, you're going to have to act quickly and preferrably stop all processes on the server apart from SSH before the data on disk is overwritten. My best guess would be that it is gone for good, but you never know.

This is actually in a separate drive, and it has no activity on it. So, I'm "safe" in that regards. If all else fails... this is a 4 days of work gone bye bye. That's the worst case scenario,. I just hope not to reach.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Alon.